Ozma Audition Form
Please complete the audition form and bring it with you to auditions on Sunday, July 12 (12:00-4:00 Coralville Library) or Tuesday, July 14 (5:30-8:00 at the Coralville Rec Center).
Sign up Genius will be posted by Thursday to sign up for one audition slot.
Announcing Theatre Intern opportunities for teens!
Young Footliters is offering two intern positions for its upcoming production of Ozma of Oz. You can learn all about directing a live theatre show as the assistant director. Or you can learn all about stage management as the assistant stage manager. Students age 13-18 are eligible to apply. This is an excellent way to gain valuable experience in learning the art of directing and stage managing. Complete the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No experience necessary!
Young Footliter Intern Application (1)
Young Footliters will produce…..
OZMA of OZ
a play by Matthew Falduto
Based on the books Ozma of Oz and Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Coralville Center for the Performing Arts
September 11-13, 2015
Directed by Matthew Falduto
Please prepare a memorized monologue or poem. Students entering fourth grade and above are eligible to audition. The sign up genius online audition sign up and audition form will be posted soon, but please mark your calendars for the following audition dates.
Sunday, July 12 12:00-4:00 Coralville Library Lower Level
Tuesday, July 14 5:30-8:00 Coralville Recreation Center in the Lounge
for Young Footliters’ full length summer musical
Directed by Dave Helmuth
- Friday, May 8 3:30-6:00
- Saturday, May 9 10:00-4:30
- Coralville Library – lower level
- Performance dates: July 24-26 at the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts
- Ages: current kindergartners through current twelfth graders
- Participation in an acting class is NOT required to audition.
- Everyone MUST attend one Vocal Audition AND one Dance Audition. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e49acaf2faa8-rapunzel
- Please select only one Vocal Audition slot for which to sign up.
- Please select only one Dance Audition slot for which to sign up.
- Please prepare 16 bars of a song. Please provide your own sheet music. No a cappella singing or pre-recorded music allowed. An accompanist will be provided. (musicnotes.com is a good resource for sheet music.) Please also be prepared to dance/move. PLEASE NOTE: No preparation is needed for the dance audition. Simply attend the dance audition and learn a short dance combination. You will then perform it in groups for the director and choreographer. Just smile and do your best!
- Please bring a completed Audition Form to your audition. Audition Form for Rapunzel
- Callbacks are by invitation only on Monday, May 11 at the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts.
- Contact Meredith at email@example.com for further questions.
This year’s summer musical is Rapunzel! Rapunzel! A Very Hairy Fairy Tale. Our director is Dave Helmuth, and the musical director is Jessica Palmer.
Visit an enchanted fairy tale land with dragons, a handsome prince, an evil would-be Queen, a really great hair stylist, and that famous princess with the long, long, long hair! Hold on to your hair and prepare for a brand new magical musical re-telling of the classic fairy tale! On the edge of glory, the evil Lady Za Za determines to rule the kingdom by keeping the beautiful Princess Rapunzel – with the long, long, long hair – trapped in a tower in the deep, dark, dank, dismal, dreary forest. It’ll be up to Sir Roderick and his hair stylist friend Edgar (who is on a quest to find the perfect head of hair) to rescue Princess Rapunzel and restore the kingdom – with the help of a slightly neurotic Gypsy Woman – isn’t there one in every fairy tale? and a tired, yet witty, old dragon named Socrates – who has lost his poof!
Save the date for auditions, May 8 & 9! Performances are July 24 at 7:00, July 25 at 2:00 & 7:00 and July 26 at 2:00. Current kindergarteners through twelfth graders are eligible to audition.
Come out to see our youngest performers in the April 17 and 18 performances of Pinocchio!
Tickets ($7 for adults, $5 for youth under 18) are available online, by phone at 319.248.9370, and in person at the CCPA box office and Coralville Rec Center.
We will announce the summer musical, slated for the last weekend in July, on Monday, March 2! Auditions will be May 8 & 9.
The next Young Footliters production will be Kathryn Schultz Miller’s Pinnocchio, directed by Jean Grewe. Click here to sign up for an audition slot.
This production is open for actors in grades K-4. The play is approximately 45 minutes long and contains roles for lots of young actors.
Our goal for this show is to create a special, age-appropriate experience for our youngest performers. The children will receive valuable experience in putting on a production: they’ll learn about the rehearsal process, what a performance is like, how to project and speak clearly, how to pay attention and focus on the show, and how to work as a team. They’ll also have a lot of fun creating a show with other kids!
Rehearsals will start February 16 and be about 3 times per week; most kids will only be called once or twice per week until the last week or two.
Performances are April 17 at 7pm and April 18 at 2pm.
K-2nd graders do not need to prepare anything; they will do call-and-response line readings and simple movement in groups for their audition.
3rd & 4th graders should be prepared to do a cold reading; they may also prepare a monologue or poem to recite.
Auditions are at the Coralville Public Library Schwab Auditorium; please use the underground parking.
Participation fee is $30/child; each child must also have an up-to-date Young Footliters family membership (family membership is $30 per year).
Click here for the audition form.
We are in the process of deciding our spring and summer shows. As soon as we have details finalized, we will announce auditions!
Join us at the Aisle of Lights this Sunday, December 14 for cookies, hot cider, coffee and special Reader’s Theater presentations of Dr. Seuss’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” Readings will be at 5:30pm, 6:15pm and 7pm in the CCPA lobby.